Eataly severs ties with Mario Batali amid misconduct scandal

NEW YORK — Chef Mario Batali, whose career crumbled amid sexual misconduct allegations, no longer owns a stake in Eataly, the Italian marketplaces he once heavily promoted.

Chris Giglio, a spokesman for Eataly USA, told The Associated Press on Friday the company has purchased Batali's minority interest, formally ending the relationship. Batali has had no direct involvement with Eataly since December 2017, Giglio said.

Batali, known for his orange Crocs and ponytail, has pleaded not guilty to a charge that he forcibly kissed and groped a woman at a Boston restaurant in 2017. The next court hearing in the case is scheduled for Aug. 30.

Eataly USA has several locations, including a Manhattan flagship. Batali had already given up financial stakes in all his restaurants, severing a 20-year partnership with Joe Bastianich.

Related News

Rare Tyrannosaurus rex skull arrives at Seattle museum

Aug 19, 2016

Paleontologists with Seattle's Burke Museum have unearthed the bones of a Tyrannosaurus rex that lived more than 66 million years ago, including a rare nearly complete 4-foot long skull

'Diddy' delays tour to recover from shoulder surgery

Aug 19, 2016

Sean "Diddy" Combs will be kicking off his tour later than expected after undergoing shoulder surgery

German conservatives back partial ban on face veils

Aug 19, 2016

Security officials from German Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservative bloc are proposing a ban on wearing the burqa and other face-covering veils in schools, courts, while driving and in other situations

Life Ponds publishes travel and lifestyle on a daily basis. We believe that Life Ponds will help to solve your problems every time you face a challenge.

Contact us: sales@lifeponds.com